With Mother's Day approaching fast, the plant gifting season is back!
There is no better way to celebrate your Mum than offering her a lush potted plant that she'll be able to display beautifully at home. Of course, you don't need to wait for Mother's Day to gift plants! They are perfect to bring for a housewarming party, for Valentine's day, for a dear friend's birthday or even for the retirement of your favourite colleague.
Here is a step-by-step guide to learn how to wrap a potted plant and make it a personal and meaningful gift.
You'll need the following:
- some brown paper
- a pair of scissors
- some masking tape
- a ribbon or stickers or any other decorative accessories you'd like
- your pot and plant
I chose a beautiful Archie Pot in Musk Terrazzo and a cute maranta.
1. Make sure your plant pot is not leaking. Ideally, water the plant 2 days before wrapping it to give it plenty of time to drain and look super fresh.
2. Secure the water tray of your Capra Designs Pot with some masking tape. Masking tape is great as it doesn't leave any sticky residue.
3. Cut a medium piece of craft paper. As a reference, the piece I used for my Archie Pot measured 50cm.
4. Fold one side of your large sheet to form a triangle.
5. Position your potted plant on this triangle, the top of the plant toward the tip of the triangle. The base of the pot should be along the fold.
6. Fold down the two sides to wrap the pot. Use some masking tape to keep everything in place.
7. Personalise your gift. Add a ribbon, some stickers or a little card and that's it!
Don't forget to take some photos of the result and to tag us on Instagram @capradesigns as we'd like to see your beautiful gifts.
xx - the Capra Designs team